Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Let the battle begin...

I told myself when I started this blog that I would be totally transparent and honest. This may be a little raw, but here goes...

I haven't written for a while because I have been distracted...from everything. I didn't want to hear certain things from certain people because I knew that I was flirting with fire. I was sure I could handle it this time and everything would be fine. Before long, things weren't fine. I avoided my true friends, put my marriage on the back burner, and fell deeper into my little hole. Fortunately my distraction recognized this and God stepped in to save the day.

That being said, I have been thinking a lot about when you finally let go and truly follow God...Satan really doesn't like it. I knew this in my head when we made the decision for me to leave the corporate world, then it became real. I thought it would be obvious because I was looking for him in everything, but he is so sneaky and subtle. So now I know it in my heart and will be intentional in guarding my heart.

I also want to say a huge thank you to my friends and family for praying without ceasing and for interceding on my behalf. Many of you didn't even know what you were specifically praying for, but you didn't let that stop you. Thank you for sending me scripture and encouraging words. Thank you for loving me through this mess.

Thank you to my husband for not giving up, for listening, and for loving me!!

1 comment:

  1. being attacked is a good sign that your decision to follow God's lead is meant to bring about great things. and thank you God for troy :) hang in there you two!

    ReplyDelete