Monday, August 13, 2012

I got a planner! I got a planner! I got a planner hey hey hey hey!!

So I got this wicked cool new planner for moms. It lays out the week with a place for lists, menus, and notes as well as the normal day stuff. All of a sudden I am painfully aware of all that needs to be done in my life! However, this planner has a delegate "button" and next to that a spot to write who it is delegated to...my goal is to start using it this week! First I am going to delegate all of my worrying to Jesus, He can totally handle that! Then I am going to delegate the finances to God, my provider and giver of all that I need. Lastly I am going to delegate my todays and tomorrows to the only one who knows what is and what will be!!

This is not to make light of delegating tasks. I know I need to get better at that...my hubs is always willing to help out and the girls are old enough to take on some small chores. This delegate button took on a much more spiritual meaning for me. Why am I trying to "carry my own weight" when God carries it for me? (it's cause I'm a control freak, I'll work on delegating that too)

So my loverlys, as you lay down and rest tonight, what is God telling you to delegate? What is it that He is begging you to hand over? What thing is weighing you down that He can totally handle??

1 comment:

  1. When the cup is full, stop pouring. And it isn't the clay that makes the cup - it's the empty space inside. Slow down and enjoy what you already have. Most stuff that "weighs us down" isn't really that important anyway. If it is, you can't delegate it, since it's already been delegated to you.

    ReplyDelete