Thursday, August 9, 2012

Whew!!

Kept all 3 kiddos home today just to see if I could do it...we all made it through!!! We had some rough patches, but totally doable. It's so hard to know what the right decision is. The girls love pre-school and are doing so well there, but if I am going to be home shouldn't they? Ugh...then finding a part time job that fits all of the criteria that is on my heart!! It is totally a God thing. I listened to a podcast from Pastor Rick from a couple weeks back. I was reminded that "all I can do is all I can do and all I can do is enough"!

Thank you Jesus for carrying me. Forgive me when I am foolish and try to "help". You save me everyday and I am more grateful than I know!!

2 comments:

  1. Depending on what is reasonable for your budget: Preschool is a good thing for kids. They learn a lot that they really dont learn at home - how to socialize with their peers, how to work out problems without mom, a different perspective on their position (not the baby or the oldest, etc) how to obey other adults whose style may be different than their parents... I would recommend that you give it a bit more time. You are still making some huge decisions and adjustments - dont overwhelm yourself with change... <3 Love you Katydid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another thought that might help you... when the kids are gone, set a goal for each day that is harder to do when they are home. Wash the kitchen floor. Get all the way through the laundry. (okay, get half way through the laundry) ;) Go grocery shopping. Deep clean their rooms. Whatever. Once you get your house in order its MUCH easier to maintain and it will be good for your children to see the work done in their absence. Once there is an order maintained, they can be given chores that are specific to them that are regular - which teaches them pride in themselves and organization and the importance of a team, etc... I encourage you to attack this NOW before being home loses it's "newness" - remember when we work full time we keep thinking - "if only I had a day off at home, I could accomplish so much!" and after awhile, one day runs into another and we lose that drive and awareness of how much we can accomplish!
    By the way - I discovered that a clean house - an organized house - made a HUGE difference to my anxiety and depression. Psychologically, when you see things that are out of place or need to be cleaned, etc, your psyche notes them and says to yourself "that needs to be done" and it creates an unconscious pull on you. Which can be quite tiring. Without that pull, you have alot more to give!! Thank you, Bob for that one!!!

    ReplyDelete